If you want to do a project on your property but you know you have wetlands nearby, there are a few steps you have to take before moving forward with any construction.

Firstly, you’ll want to get in touch with your local Conservation Commissioner’s office. They will be able to advise you on all the requirements you need to meet in order to complete your project.

Once you get that squared away, you can file a Notice of Intent, or an application filed with the commission and the help of your attorney or engineer. An engineer will coordinate all the details in accordance to your town’s laws about buffer zones.

When you attend a hearing, the board will grant or deny you permission for your project. They will also give you guidance on how to execute it properly.

But be careful to remember this process alone does not grant full approval. To learn about the importance of the Notice of Intent and the As-Built Plan, as well as how to fully complete the process from beginning to end, check out this week’s video!

Did you know Mark is participating in the PMC again this year? Care to donate? http://profile.pmc.org/Mark-Stiles

Copyright © 2021 Stiles Law, All rights reserved. Stiles Law is a Massachusetts licensed law firm and all content is based on Massachusetts law. The information presented above is meant to be used for general informational purposes and it should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts.